Friday, March 25, 2011

Awkward & Awesome

AWKWARD
>Last night Inman had a scheduled power outtage that started at 11:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. this morning.  Tuesday had been very windy and while I was at work, the lights flickered several times and we lost power for about 30 minutes.  So, I believe there was a blown transformer that needed to be fixed, so Westar chose to shut down all power in Inman for 7 hours.  It was awkward to deal with no electricity.  I had to think ahead and make sure that I had everything in place before 11 o'clock hit so I wouldn't stumble around the house. 

>I have mindlessly misplaced my camera-to-computer-picture-sender-device.  This has made it very inconvient to upload pictures to my computer.  After emptying my purse several times and cleaning my desk at work, I still cannot find it.  So, after much distress and frustration, I decided to pull out my old camera and USB cable and connect it to my computer and upload pictures the old way.  Grumble.  Grumble. 

>I rummaged through my closet to find shirts that I don't wear on a regular basis.  I've posted two pictures of shirts I hardly wear, but still like.  I need help figuring out what I could do to revamp or "upcycle" them.  I find it awkward to wear them because they just don't fit exactly the way I would like them to.  Any thoughts?


AWESOME
>I am oh so grateful that Casey Abrams was saved on American Idol last night! I couldn't believe that he had accumulated the least amount of votes this week because I think his talent far surpasses any of the other contestants.  So, I'm glad that his semi-professional career can continue on national television.

>If you've ever seen the show Storm Chasers you'll know what the TIV is.  You may know what the TIV is even if you haven't seen the show.  It stands for Tornado Intercept Vehicle and it's coming to the Kansas Cosmosphere on April 11th (which is in Hutch).  I love watching the show and seeing these crazy meteorologists hunt tornadoes all across the Midwest.  The Cosmosphere will actually be giving away free rides in the TIV to all who enter the contest on facebook.  I entered the contest and have my fingers crossed!

>Today I made a delicious treat for my workshop leaders at church.  This is something that I've done every month since September.  I will post pictures and even a tutorial tomorrow on how to make these hand-dipped white chocolate pretzels.  They are super easy and fast to make and even better to eat!

>I completed a DIY project today and I will post pictures and a tutorial later this weekend on how to make super cute poufs!  I have a lot of material, so I will probably even give some away to those of you who want some!  

One final note: the Friday outfit.  I call this my Valentine's Day outfit because I wore it on Valentine's Day.  Original.  I know.  Needless to say, whenever these two items are paired together, I will always think of Valentine's Day. 

Silver Shoes: Payless.  Socks: Walmart.  Jeans: Buckle.  Black Polka-dot Shirt: Old Navy.  Red Cardigan: Maurices.  

Looking forward to posting some tutorials this weekend!



1 comment: